Frequently Asked Questions

Village Clerk's Office
How do I get a Marriage License? - Marriage licenses are State licenses and are obtained at any Town, City or County Clerk's officeThe Town of Salina clerk's office issues marriage licenses.
How do I get a dog license? - Dog licenses are obtained at the Town of Salina clerk's office.
How do I get town, county and school tax information? -  The   Town of Salina can provide this information.
How do I register to vote for Village Elections?  - Register to vote at the County Board of Elections. Registration forms are available at the Village Clerk's office.
When is the Village Election and where do I vote?   - Village Elections are always the 3rd Tuesday in June. Voting for Village Elections is held in the Meeting Room at 310 Sycamore Street.
Department of Public Works
When is trash collected?   - Trash is collected on Tuesdays and recyclables are collected on Wednesdays. For complete information on trash and yard waste, see the  DPW Page 
What stickers do I need for large items? - Orange stickers are good for up to 30 lbs., green stickers are good for up to 15 lbs. For a list of items and stickers required, see the DPW Page.
What can I recycle?  - You can obtain current recycling information from OCRRA. 
When is yard waste picked up?  - Yard waste is picked up on the 1st & 3rd Monday of each month from April to October. See details on the DPW page.
Police Department
When is there someone in the Police Station?   - The Police Clerk is in the station Mon-Wed from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. There are officers working 24 hours a day and are usually on patrol and not in the station. There is a 911 call button outside the door of the Police Station that will summon an officer.
How do I get in contact with the Chief of Police? - The Chief of Police is usually available at the Police Department Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. - noon. He can be reached at 315-457-0722, ext. 5 or via email at
How do I obtain a handicap parking permit? - The Liverpool Police can issue a handicap parking permit to residents of the Village of Liverpool. Complete an application for License Plates or Parking Permits for Persons with Severe Disabilities.
How can I obtain a copy of a Police Report or Accident Report? - Contact the Police Department at 315-457-0722